Overdue update on stuff

No photos at the moment. Maybe later.

The fretboard is basically done until it gets glued to the neck. Some hammer pounding, judicious application of the big metal file, and other acts of moderate destruction were needed. But it looks pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good.

The back plate was cut to a rough outline and I spent several days with plane, sandpaper, and scraper before I looked over my old notes and realized that the Wagner Safe-T-Planer was called for. That was a lot easier, even after I used it on both sides of the plate when only one was needed. Oh well. I got it mostly cleaned up with sandpaper, but it still needs some more elbow grease to remove the plane marks and a bit of tearout.

Padauk makes your snot orange. Wear a respirator.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s